Sorry Charlie
Alternative Title: Your Life is Country Western Song

I was sitting in my new bar having a soda (seriously no liquor) when Charlie who flew fighter jets in 'Nam starts talking to me about his marriage.

"Well I got a divorce in 1980. She shot me. In the leg. With my own gun."

"She shot you?"

"Yeah she had taken up with some other guy. You know, they took my truck and cleaned out the bank accounts. Now you want to run off, hey, I understand, but I needed that truck. So I found them, and I was going to take the truck. She ran in and got my gun. She's wavin' it around. I didn't think she would shoot me, but she did. Then the sherriff arrested me. I mean I went to the hospital first, but once I was healed they threw me in jail. I even showed them the paperwork. Well I got the truck in the end."

"Jesus, you're life is a country western song."

"Yeah, it is. But now you know why I like being single."

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?